eConsult enables NHS based GP practices to offer online consultations to their patients.
At PYB Health we are now offering this service to our patients.
This will allow you to submit your symptoms or requests to your own GP electronically, and offers around the clock NHS self-help information, signposting to services, and a symptom checker.
eConsult is the most widely used digital triage tool in NHS primary care, built by NHS GPs for NHS patients, designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiencies and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care.
The Benefits of using e Consult
- You may not need a trip to the surgery and your query may be resolved with a phone call
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. You can complete an online GP consultation with your own practice when you need to.
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed – You can check your health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS Choices content.
- You will get a response from your own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner.
- Access wherever and whenever you want from any device. Unlike a telephone call you can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits you, without taking up practice time
- You can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving yourself and your practice time.
A Video from PYB Health
We want you to feel comfortable using our e consult service so we have made this video to explain a bit about the service as well as other precautions that are now in place at our practices since the coronavirus pandemic.
How to use E consult
Choose your GP practice from the coloured navigation across the top of this page and a pop up box to contact your doctors online will appear. The pop up boxes will take you to our econsult forms.
When you start the e-consult you can choose self-help or pharmacy advice for your condition, and send through an admin request online or self-refer to local services.
If you want advice from your doctor,you can submit a short form and photograph (if relevant) about your symptoms or condition which is sent to the practice
eConsult captures over 100 common clinical conditions, with built-in red flags to highlight critical symptoms that may require immediate or urgent intervention.